Changing an At Fault to a Not At Fault Accident

Feb 08 03:22 pm

What do you to do if your prior company reported a Not at Fault Accident as an At Fault Accident?

When an auto insurance company runs your motor vehicle report, they will increase your rate for any tickets or at-fault accidents they find. Companies run a Comprehensive Loss Underwriting or CLUE report to discover accidents. Sometimes your prior carrier can report an accident as your fault when it's not. Since an at fault accident can cost you money for up to 5 years, it behooves you to get this corrected.

Just follow these steps:
  • Contact your prior insurance company's claims department.
  • Explain to them that you were not at fault in the accident,
  • that you received no ticket,
  • and the other party paid for your damage.

Here's the most important part:

  • Tell them to contact CLUE in writing to fix the error.
  • and Ask them to send you a letter confirming this.

Save that letter and use it to correct the accident on your new policy. It will also help in the future in case your prior company failed to correct the CLUE report. Insurance Companies make mistakes all the time. There's no reason you should have to pay for them.

And as always contact Cronin Insurance when you need Car Insurance.

Low rates, choice of companies and personal advice.

Cronin Insurance, the Wise Choice.


No comments yet, be the first to leave yours!