Snapshot is the new Usage Based Insurance product from Progressive. Based on how you drive your car, Progressive will offer a discount of up to 30% on your Auto Policy. You don't have to be a Progressive client, Progressive will let you "Test Drive" Snapshot, so you'll know how much discount you'll get before you even buy the policy.
How Snapshot works:
- Contact Cronin Insurance and we'll enroll you in Snapshot.
- Progressive will send you the Snapshot device in the mail
- Plug Snapshot into the ODB board that's located under the steering wheel in your car.
- Keep track of your progress online and via emails.
- After 30 days, send your device back to Progressive and find out your discount.
What does Snapshot monitor?
- The time of day that you drive
- The number of miles that you drive
- The number of "Hard Brakes" you make
What does Snapshot NOT monitor?
- Where you are - There is no GPS in Snapshot
- Speed limit - Progressive will have no idea what the speed limit is where you are driving
- Who is driving the car - Progressive won't know who is driving
So you can see, Big Brother isn't watching you - it's just a way for drivers
- who drive low mileage,
- don't drive late at night,
- and aren't hard braking on I95 to save up to 30% off Progressive Car Insurance rates.
Usage based insurance is the future of Car insurance and with Progressive's Snapshot, the future is here.
If you're interested in getting a quote, click below: