Renters Insurance for Roommates

Jan 07 04:45 pm

What happens when you move in with someone and you both own personal property individually?

If you are legally married or a blood relative, no problem. You can write an insurance policy and the company will treat it as family property. So no matter whose stuff is damaged or stolen, most insurance policies will cover the loss.

But what if you're not married or a blood relative?

If you are renting, and both roommates are on the lease, most companies will allow you to write one policy in both names and cover the property of each individual. If you are not listed on the lease, or if you are renting from the person who owns the house or condo, then you need to write your own Renters policy. This will assure that your property will be covered. Contact Cronin Insurance and we'll get you the right policy.

Low rates

Choice of companies

Personal advice

Cronin Insurance is the Wise Choice.


No comments yet, be the first to leave yours!