Water Coming From Neighbors Property

Jun 21 11:30 am

Have you ever wondered who pays when water leaks into your unit from the unit above.

There are two scenarios:

1) If you have insurance and 2) if you don't.

Let's say you don't have insurance, you would pay to repair your damage and try to collect from either your neighbor or your Condo Association.

Both may ignore you. Bad feelings might surface and make you feel uncomfortable in your own home. You may even have to hire an attorney to reimburse you for the repairs...

Now, if you do have insurance, you can claim the damage from your insurance company. You pay your deductible and the company pays the rest. Then your insurance company will try to collect either from your neighbor, or your condo association. The company does the dirty work and you don't have to challenge your neighbors.

The best advice we can give you is to carry condo insurance and let your company do the dirty work for you.


No comments yet, be the first to leave yours!