Learn to Pour a Black and Tan Beer
- pint glass
- pale ale beer for the bottom
- dark stout beer for the top
Steps to Pouring a Black and Tan
- Hold your pint glass at an angle and slowly fill your pale ale about halfway from the bottom.
- Then take your spoon, flip it upside down (so that the rounded side is facing you), and pour your dark stout veryyyy slowly. Having a spoon creates a shorter distance, slows the flow, and allows it to layer on like a cake. This may take a few tries in the beginning - be patient and make sure it doesn't pour too quickly or else it will penetrate into your pale ale.
- Voilà! There You have it! You now have a black and tan!