Car Insurance in Florida
Car Insurance covers you while driving your car. If you are a licensed driver who owns a car, truck or van, you need car insurance. If you get sued, car insurance can pay the plaintiff. If you get hurt, car insurance can pay the doctors and the hospital. If you suffer damage to your car, car insurance can repair it. If your car suffers a total loss, car insurance can provide you money to replace it.
What does Car Insurance cover?
The Basic Car Insurance policy covers you for the following:
- Bodily Injury Liability - When you are at fault in an accident, bodily injury liability will pay for the other party's injuries and hospital bills.
- Property Damage Liability - When you are at fault, property damage liability will pay for damage to the other party's car or other property.
- Comprehensive - pays when your car is stolen, or damaged from fire, vandalism or flooding. It also covers your car's glass. Usually subject to a deductible.
- Collision - if your car is damaged in an accident, collision will repair the damage to your car. Usually subject to a deductible.
- Rental Car (Loss of Use) - pays a daily benefit to rent a temporary replacement vehicle while your car is being fixed.
- Towing - will pay to tow your car to a repair facility if it breaks down mechanically.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) - pays the first $10,000 of injury to you, no matter who is at fault. It pays for medical bills, loss of income, and death.
- Medical Payments - pays over and above the PIP, for injuries to you in a car accident. It will also pay for injuries to passengers in your car.
- Uninsured Motorist - pays medical bills, loss of income, and pain and suffering when you are injured by an Uninsured driver. An uninsured driver is one with no Bodily Injury Liability or not enough to cover your injuries. You collect from your own policy that which you can not collect from them.
What is the minimum requirement in Florida?
The State of Florida requires $10,000 of Personal Injury Protection and $10,000 of Property Damage Liability to legally register and operate a motor vehicle. Cronin Insurance Agency recommends you buy Bodily Injury Liability too.
When should you buy Car Insurance?
As soon as you buy or obtain a car, truck or van. There is no automatic coverage or grace period if you have no prior insurance. Keep in mind, insurance covers the vehicle, not the license plate or tag.
Where can you buy Car Insurance?
You can buy car insurance online, by phone, or in person. You can buy car insurance directly from a company, from a captive agent who represents one company, or from an independent agency like Cronin Insurance. Only an independent agent can offer you a choice of car insurance companies each time you renew.
Why should you use Cronin Insurance Agency?
Cronin Insurance Agency is an independent agency that offers you low rates and a choice of companies from local Florida Agents. If one company raises your premium, we'll shop to find you another. If one company cancels you, we'll find you another that wants your business. Cronin Insurance has been serving Floridians since 1993.
Many Floridians turn to Cronin Insurance Agency for a Car Insurance Policy when:
- They buy a new car, truck or van.
- They're sick of their current company raising their premium at every renewal.
- They suffer the sticker shock of raising their limits when they lease a new car.
- They can't believe how much it cost to add their child to their policy.
- They're angry that their company jacked up their rates after an accident.
- They're upset that their rates are high because of their credit score.
The best way to know whether you've got a good deal on your auto insurance is to shop multiple companies and compare rates. Cronin Insurance makes it easy for you – we'll do the work and get back to you with a report from competing car insurance companies.
Call or Click above and we'll shop the market to find you the best Car insurance quote.